We’re Hiring! Communications and Project Associate
Update November 15: This position has been filled. Thanks for your interest!
I'm looking for a friendly, detail-oriented person to join my small remote team at Spacious, a web design company based in Philadelphia. With the support of few trusted contractors, I've been providing web design and website maintenance services for the past 5+ years.
As demand has increased, I've identified the need for a new communications associate to help manage client support, project management, and marketing tasks. This person will ideally help improve the experience of existing clients, expand our capacity for new work, and allow me to spend more of my time on design and strategy.
I'm looking for someone who is driven, organized, and able to learn new skills quickly. This person will work directly with clients so strong communication skills and an approachable personality are key to success.
This contractor position will work remotely, with availability 3-5 days a week. If you're based in the Philadelphia area there may be some in-person meetings but this isn't a requirement.
If the candidate is a good fit, this position may grow over time to include additional hours and responsibilities.
The main skills and traits I'm looking for are:
- Amazing written communication skills: writing, proofreading, and email correspondence
- Strong organization skills and the ability to keep many different projects and processes on track
- An understanding of WordPress, or a willingness to learn
- Attention to detail when proofreading, testing websites, etc.
- Tech-savviness and strong ability to learn new skills via online courses, YouTube, etc.
- Interest in nonprofits and/or mission-driven businesses
- A love for technology and the web (you will have to look at lots of websites!)
- 1-2 years of experience in communications, marketing, or customer service
Client support and communication
- Manage email support requests from clients on monthly support plans. Create tickets, delegate, QA, and follow up with clients.
- Client website content updates using WordPress page builders (Beaver Builder, Elementor, Divi, etc.)
- Project management for web design projects. Keep track of timelines, deliverables, and requests.
- Attend client meetings, take notes, manage follow up requests.
- Thoroughly checking websites to find mistakes and problems.
Content support and marketing
- Manage content calendar, including editing and publishing blogs and social media posts
- Proofread and publish blog and social media posts
- Write and/or proofread client proposals
Hours: ~15 hours/week (preferably 3 hours each day Monday–Friday). Potential to increase weekly hours.
Compensation: $18-22/hr (commensurate with experience), independent contractor
Location: Remote position
How to Apply
Please submit your resume, cover letter, and links to any work samples (if applicable) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are shortlisted, we will send you a brief work test with some typical tasks which you might have to handle as part of your job.
Thanks for your interest!