Project and Client Support Associate - Part-time
I'm looking for a friendly, detail-oriented person to join our small team at Spacious, a web design company based in Philadelphia.
* We are no longer accepting application for this position.
I'm looking for a friendly, detail-oriented person to join my small remote team at Spacious, a web design company based in Philadelphia. With the support of few trusted contractors, I've been providing web design, development, and website maintenance services for the past 6+ years.
As demand has increased, I'm in need of a new employee position to help manage client support and project management. This person will help improve the experience of existing clients, expand our capacity for new work, and allow me to spend more of my time on design and strategy.
I'm looking for someone who is driven, organized, and able to learn new skills quickly. This person will work directly with clients so strong communication skills and a friendly/approachable personality are hugely helpful.
Most of the tools and processes we use are accessible to anyone with general savviness and the ability/motivation to learn new skills quickly. It will provide opportunities for learning and professional connections, a perk for anyone looking to get into web design, digital marketing, development, and/or entrepreneurship.
This employee position is a mix of remote and in-person work, with availability 3-5 days a week. Our office is located in a coworking space in West Philadelphia.
If it’s a good fit, this position may grow over time to include additional hours and responsibilities.
The main skills and traits I'm looking for are:
- Organized and self-motivated: Strong organization skills and the ability to keep many different projects and processes on track
- Process-oriented: good at following checklists, timelines and other processes, as well as improving them over time to maximize efficiency and client experience
- Quality written communication skills for emailing clients, capturing meeting notes, etc.
- An understanding of WordPress or a willingness to learn
- Reasonable tech-savviness and strong ability to figure things out using Google, YouTube, etc.
- Attention to detail when proofreading, testing websites, etc.
- Interest in nonprofits and/or mission-driven businesses
- A love for technology and the web (you will have to look at lots of websites!)
- 1-2 years of experience in communications, marketing, or customer service
- Client support and communication
- Be the first point of contact for clients seeking website support via monthly care plans. Create support tickets, delegate, QA, and follow up with clients.
- Client website content updates using WordPress page builders (Beaver Builder, Elementor, Divi, etc.), plugin updates, etc. Previous experience is a plus but not required as long as you have interest in learning and general tech-savviness.
- Send monthly reports to clients.
- Manage client analytics.
- Become the main face of the company for a portion of our 65 current website care plan subscribers.
- Project management
- Project management for web design projects. Keep track of timelines, deliverables, and requests for 3-8 concurrent projects at a time.
- Attend client meetings, take notes, manage follow up requests.
- Eventually take the lead on project communications and scheduling.
- Support building websites using page builders.
- Support setting up basic SEO for client sites.
- Thoroughly checking websites to find mistakes and problems.